Shown with HRM eq & Bypass Switch
10 Key Features
Customer Comments about Ethos TWE-1 Pedal:
"This pedal is absolutely off the charts...unbelievable tone...so congrats on landing another customer for life...THANK YOU!!" Rod E., OK
"It's truly an awesome gain machine, very flexible and adaptive to my rig. I was especially pleased to find how well it pairs with other pedals, particularly after a transparent boost and my low-gain Archer Ikon. Congrats on a fine product!" Dale Williams, SC
"...So easy to tweak things to match any amp. Not a bad sound in it and a v small footprint...brilliant! I love how it doesn't colour my amp tone, just adds and enhances it. Thank you & don't be surprised to see my name on your list again, my new favourite!" Justin Wilson, UK
"...You knocked it out of the park with this one... wow!...pedalboard friendly and pushes all my amps to all the right places quickly..." Scott Kauffman, Eight Track Takes Studio
"...I absolutely love it! Extremely versatile and touch sensitive, great tones! Lots of fun playing with the pedal. Thanks and congrats for the great work!" Giuliano Ghisi
"...congratulate you on what is the best preamp/drive pedal I have ever played through. I put it on my board, it has not left it and it won't. The way it cleans up with the volume to the cab EQ to the HiCut etc, all exemplary creating a multitude of tonal options beyond what I thought could be squeezed out of a pedal. When Burgs (Brett Kingman) gave his review it inspired me to buy but I still thought he had added a fair bit of mayo on his comments, I must say now, his glowing praise' was bang on. Everyone should own one of these. Congrats Again." Shane Deane, Australia
1. New Tone Stack Options: "Mid Shift" and "Deep"
2. "SKY" and "SSS" are the same tones as "Modern/Classic" from the original clean pedal. The new names more accurately represent the actual D topologies and avoid confusion of what "70's-80's tones" mean.
3. New External Power Range. The new pedal can now operate over the range of 9-18VDC providing more headroom if desired.
4. The DRIVE switch now offers a hard drive option in addition to the soft drive. The new hard drive feature provides a higher gain dynamic drive capability.
Premier Guitar Magazine: 'Tone Tips: A Mini-Board is Born' by Peter Thorn
"...I'm going to detail a powerful mini-pedalboard that can cover a huge range of tones and serve as an entire rig if necessary--no amp required. Be it compressed cleans with modulation, reverb, and delay, or on-the-edge rocking crunch, I want it all in a 14" by 14" package...Pedal No.1 (of 9) The Ethos Clean II Preamp from Custom Tones, LLC was designed to essentially mimic the tone and response of a guitar amplifier. It can be used as a preamp and/or overdrive in front of a traditional guitar amp, but it can also be patched into a power amp and cabinet, or direct into a PA or recording interface. And because its output is buffered--even when bypassed--this supersedes the need for a standalone buffer on the board to keep the guitar strong and uncolored..." read full review at www.premierguitar.com/articles/print/25161-tone-tips-a-mini-board-is-born
Brite, Modern/Classic, Jazz/Rock
To get on the Waiting List send us an email: Rob@Customtonesinc.com
Guitar Player Magazine Reviews Ethos Overdrive:
"...The Speaker Simulated output makes the Ethos OD TLE insanely versatile, providing you with a home recording tool, as well as a direct-to-the-P.A. conduit to give you total control over your front-of-house tones. Plugging straight into my laptop for quick demos was not only easy, it sounded great as well. Its excellent utility, as well as its ability to impart boutique-amp tones, make it a sure-fire winner."
Published in Guitar Player Magazine, Sept 09 (Full review on Review Page)
Customer Comments on Ethos Clean II Preamp:
"WOW!!! This pedal (and the sound that comes out of it) is AMAZING! I currently own at least 50 overdrive pedals and NONE of them (repeat NONE) sound as good as the Clean II does. It is not that my other pedals are low cost versions. I have many 'boutique' pedals from makers around the world. NONE of them are as SMOOTH as yours is and NONE of them respond to different playing 'attack' levels and at all kinds of volume levels like yours does.
Had I purchased your pedal a few years back I would likely never have purchased anything else. That is not to say that I don't enjoy some of the other equipment that I have but your pedal seems absolutely IDEAL for my particular taste in music which is more 'traditional' in nature requiring mostly low-medium gain range. The various options that you have provided the user also complement my 'stable' of guitars (mostly Stratocasters) very nicely.
I am by no means a professional musician but I believe I can tell when the combination of guitar, pedal and amplifier seems to be made for each other. Yours was the 'missing link' that I have been looking for.
So, I would like to send along my compliments to you for the creation of such a valuable piece in the musical 'supply chain'. It is clear that your work in other areas (preamps etc.) has resulted in these and your other pedals being so successful and much desired.
I am now on the happy journey again of testing out the Clean II with all of my guitar and amp combinations. That will take me some time but when I get closer to the end of that road, I will likely be ready to order my next pedal from you. Thanks again for your work in designing and building this pedal." Dan Anthony, Ontario Canada
Read more reviews on the Review Page
Rodney Gene Jr
Shown with HRM eq and FX Loop mods
The Clean-Fusion model takes the Ethos Clean w/Fusion Boost Mod and Raises it to another level with 5 Additional Features:
1. The Clean-Fusion provides a second Independent Fusion OD Channel.
2. The Fusion OD Channel includes dedicated Gain and Volume Controls.
3. The Fusion OD Channel is selectable via an On-Board Foot Switch.
4. The Fusion OD Channel includes a Soft Drive Circuit, independent of the Clean Channel. This allows the Clean Channel to be operated in two modes of operation. Soft Drive ON for natural limiting, or OFF for maximum headroom.
Clean-to-Scream with just the turn of your guitar volume control!
Rodney Gene Jr
5. The topology is similar to the Dxmble Overdrive Special, whereby the Fusion OD Channel shares the Equalization controls with the Clean Channel.
* Like the Ethos Clean w/Fusion Boost mod, the Clean-Fusion Preamp comes with the latest Guitar Amplifier Compensation (GAC) & Speaker SIM Design Updates. The new GAC adds Richer Body to your tone. The Speaker SIM emulates top end compression making it sound better with all types of distortions and overdrives. Note: The Clean-Fusion Amp offers all of the above, plus an integrated 30 Watt (RMS) Power Amplifier.